- Qualified as medical doctor at the University of Umeå, Sweden 1 Febr., 1973.
- Qualified as a physician of the Swedish Health Authority 2 Sept., 1974.
- Qualified as a Specialist in Rheumatology 23 June, 1981.
- Qualified as a Specialist in Internal medicine 31 July, 1981.
- Doctor of Medicine (Ph.D.), University of Umeå 27 Sept., 1985.
- Associated professor in Rheumatology and Internal medicine 12 Dec., 1989.
- Professor in Rheumatology, Umeå University , 5 May, 2000.
- Assistent physician at the Region Hospital in Boden 1971-1976 Assistent physician at the University Hospital in Umeå 1977-1981.
- Consultant in Rheumatology, University Hospital, Umeå 1981 to 30 Sept 1991.
- During that period research fellow 1980-86 1 year and 4 months.
- Research fellow 1996-97 UCSF, San Francisco, Ca, USA (prof Jon Levine’s lab)
- Consultant in Rheumatology, University Hospital, Umeå since 1 Oct., 1991 and professor since 5 May 2000